The Importance of Wine Bottle Capsules in Winemaking
The history of winemaking has been a rich one with its timeline stretching across several millennia. Unknown to many, it varies in category and type. Still and sparkling wine production are the two general categories in winemaking. The only distinction between the two is that still wine involves carbonation while sparkling wine does not. The most common variations in winemaking include red, white and rosé wine. The exquisite process of producing this classic beverage holds a culture of celebration and festivities. Its manufacturing is a tedious one starting from the selection of fruit, to its fermentation into alcohol, up until the process of bottling it into liquid. One key material in producing a certain wine bottle is the wine bottle capsule. It is typically the covering found over the cork. People often try to disregard these parts; after all, they are only focused on the drink itself. Little did they know that without these key parts, they would not be enjoying that same drink at all. Here is what you need to know about the importance of wine bottle capsules in winemaking.
- Protective Sleeve for Exposure
Wine bottle capsules are intended as protective sleeves on the neck of a wine bottle located just over the cork. Outside elements can be deemed as detrimental to the production of the wine itself. And quite frankly, exposure to air might tamper the safety of the beverage. Without these wine bottle capsules, the fermented fruit drink might not be safe to ingest any longer.
- Prevents Rodent and Pest Contamination
Prolonged storage is one distinction of wines from other beverage. However, it is not safe to consume a wine that is infested with rodents, insects and pests. For instance, you stored a wine for a decade, only to find out that a rat has contaminated the said drink through the cork. That is why it is important that the wine bottle be safely secured with a wine bottle capsule to ensure that the cork is as it is and is not compromised by an unsafe environment.
- Catchment Surface for Pouring
Wine bottle capsules also serve as a catchment surface for wine bottle once it is being served. It is possible to have wine drippings during the pouring of the wine. This is to make certain that no drop of wine will go to waste. It also serves as an added aesthetic tool to decorate the wine bottle itself.
Polylaminate capsules – where is it from?
Imagine you take a bottle of good whiskey, look at the label, and the next step, before you enjoy the taste, you open the cap, take out the cork and pour the drink into a glass with ice and then take a small sip. This is a kind of whiskey tasting ritual. We cannot imagine it if at least one step is missing. That is why, in addition to the whiskey itself, every element of this drink’s packaging plays an important role in forming an opinion and affection for a particular variety and brand.We suggest using our polylaminate capsules for spirits to create a good consumer’s experience. The polylaminate cap is a composite material, a kind of “sandwich” made of aluminum and polyethylene, in which polyethylene is coated with aluminum on the outside. We produce caps from our own production of polylaminate material of various thicknesses (from 50 microns to 150 microns). The material is flexible enough and the cap made of it is suitable for most bottles used for spirits, such as vodka, whiskey, brandy etc. Also, a large number of wine producers use the polylaminate cap to decorate their bottles. In decorating technology, the cap can reflect almost any designer’s idea, combining different colors, foil with a noticeable shimmer, and embossing.What are the functions of a polylaminate cap:
- The polylaminate capsules is the visual art in the first place. To complete the overall design of your product, you will naturally need to close the cork with a polylaminate cap.
- To bring all the ideas of a product designer to life, we can make the decoration of the cap, thanks to which your product will stand out favorably on the shelf; or use UV inks to glow with your logo in a dark club or bar.
- With the BRANDING of the polylaminate capsules, it can become the “standard-bearer” of your product, which will be visible both from the side and from the top of the bottle, thanks to the decoration on the top disk of the cap.
- In addition to the elegance of product design, you should not forget about protection and open control of your product. Due to the tight shrinkage of the polylaminate capsules and the correct perforation, it will be impossible to re-cap the bottle without obvious signs of opening. Moreover, thanks to the unique technology, at your request, we can produce such a cap, which will be impossible to remove from the bottle without opening it.
Wine labels: why are they so important?
On the liquor labels, we can find angels, beautiful Argentine or Italian mountains; hidden stories in them, and these labels can help you find the liquor you are looking for in your favorite store.
For the world of liquor to work, it is necessary to have certain regulations that take care of us as consumers. These protect from the creation process to the way the liquor is presented to us and reaches our hands; In other words, there are also rules for liquor labels! Could it be that this liquor that you take home today will be the right one? Learn to decipher the label. There are several segments that makeup liquor labels, you will see that every detail is important and by learning to decipher them you will be able to choose the liquor that suits your tastes and needs. A label may tell you that:
- Brand or name of the liquor: These are easy to recognize; they are the names that normally always stand out on liquor labels; it can be in a romantic typeface or something more elegant. The important thing is that it is in their personalized designs that they convey the spirit of the brand to us, they also give us two key clues; who is the creator and the name of the liquor we have in our hands. When it comes to checking the liquor labels, if the name of the brand is well known, it can tell you about its good quality and if you don’t recognize it; it can be a good opportunity to know something new.
- Denomination of origin or D.O: This part of the liquor labels mentions the name of the natural area that has given life to our liquor. In old world liquors (Europeans) it is very common to find it on the label, do you know names like Rioja or Emilia Romagna? This is because they are liquor regions that for many years have dazzled the palates of the whole world and have become something like a quality seal.
- Grape type: This is the type of grape that your liquor is made of, some of the best known are: bobal, pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon, cabernet sauvignon blanc, merlot, malbec, chardonnay. It can tell you a lot about the characteristics of your liquor; for example, pinot noir takes first place as the white of red grapes for giving life to very smooth red liquors.
- Harvest year: Strong wind and an arid land like La Rioja in Spain can give grapes the power to create a liquor that is unforgettable and conquers the palate of the world’s greatest experts. The work of nature is essential and that is why the natural conditions in which our liquor was harvested have a lot to do with the personality it will have.
The labels, as you may have understood by now, should show the basic information about the liquor. All of this is necessary, but it is also part of the aesthetics of all content. It is the overall impression that can be seen of the bottle when looking at it on a shelf in a store or in a restaurant. Let’s say that this global aesthetic allows a first presentation and approach of the consumer, to get to know each other “face to face” through the information contained in the label.
How to Use Shrink Caps on Wine and Beer Bottles
After all of your bottles have been safely filled and corked, you can choose to put heat-shrinkable capsules (shrink-caps) over the neck of the bottle. While not necessary to preserve the wine, they give a nice finished look to your bottles, and when coordinated with labels give your wine a professional look. Shrink-caps are called so because heat is used to shrink the plastic onto the bottle neck, holding it tightly and smoothing out any wrinkles or seams in the plastic. The best way to apply this heat is with the steam from a teakettle. At a rolling boil the teakettle will produce enough steam out of the end of it’s spout to shrink a capsule in only two or three seconds. Be careful not to burn your fingers! You can use blow dryers, but they are very slow. Hot air paint strippers work better, but they aren’t as fast as a kettle, and are a bit more dangerous to use. In a pinch, the heat from an electric stove element will also serve to shrink the capsules on, but again, be careful with a hot stove. The safest method is using a Fast Seal Tool to hold the shrink-caps in place while you dip them into a pot of boiling water. There are special Hand Held and Bench Top Shrink Machines called Thermocapsulers. They will shrink the caps in one second, and are ideal if you are going to be sealing large amounts of bottles. After sealing, you should leave your wine bottles standing upright for at least the first 24 hours. The compressed air has to work its way out past the cork, and it can only do that if the bottle is standing up. If you immediately turn the bottle on it’s side, the pressure will still be there, but the wine will now be pushing against the cork, and could force it out of the bottle. After 24 hours (or two or three days: it isn’t critical to do it right away) you should turn the bottles on their side for long term storage. This is when the wine against the cork will keep it moist, preventing leaks.
Advantages and applications of PVC shrink film
PVC shrink film can be divided into printing level and ordinary packaging level. Printing grade PVC shrink film, as its name implies, is used for printing and can be processed into printed labels. The vast majority of beverages on the market use PVC labels, such as those used on black tea, green tea, and mineral water bottles. Ordinary packaging grade PVC shrink film can be made into tubular film, L-shaped fold film according to requirements, and can be processed into tube bags and flat bags. Although ordinary packaging grade PVC shrink film can also be used for printing, the printing effect is not fine, and There are few printable colors. Generally, one or two colors can be printed according to the majority. PVC shrink film is widely used in wine, food, sporting goods, disinfection tableware, electronic appliances, daily necessities, crafts, construction products, audio and video products, pharmaceuticals, stationery, toys, portals, plastic hardware, glass ceramics, etc Packaging to make its appearance more vivid and beautiful, improve product packaging grade, and protect the product from dust and messy flowers. Is currently an ideal film packaging material.
Advantages of PVC shrink film:
1. Wrap the goods stacked on the pallet to make the packaging stable and neat and waterproof;
2. It has the characteristics of high tensile strength, large elongation, good self-adhesion and high transparency;
3. Shrink film, heat shrink film is mainly made by mixing and extruding several different grades of polyene resin, with puncture resistance and high performance;